Commonly Asked Questions About Frame Style Glass Display Cabinets
What are frame style glass display cabinets made from?
Our frame style glass display cabinets are made from satin polished stainless steel ‘cross frames’ to provide structure and support. They have been designed with amazing attention to detail resulting in a highly functional and refined, simple design.
Our display cabinets have a contemporary design and include lockable doors, three adjustable shelves and optional low-voltage lighting with integrated transformer. The sleek design allows for internal spaces where objects can be displayed without obscuring vertical corner profiles around them.
What are the features of a frame style glass display cabinet?
Frame style glass display cabinet features incude:
- The cabinet components, fixings, suspension rods and feet are manufactured in satin polished stainless steel and bright chrome finish.
- The satin polished stainless steel plinth and base ‘cross frames’ secure the side and top panels together. The frame also provides a fixing point for the ingenious door hinges, which are almost unnoticeable as they run in line with the frame.
- The base ‘X frame’ incorporates isolated leg assemblies with adjustable feet and a connection point for supplying power to the integral lights.
- The lighting arms and shelf supports are pre-positioned on the suspension rods, but they can be adjusted as required.
- The sides, doors, top, base and shelves are supplied in 8mm thick toughened glass. The base is supplied silkscreened white to the underside.
- The cabinet’s white base shields the view of the transformer which is supported in a stainless-steel sling secured underneath.
- Standard units have one lock at the base of each door and a magnetic disc fixing at the top, fixed through the glass door panel.
- The different cabinet elements will be supplied partially assembled. The kit will include detailed instructions and the necessary allen keys required to complete a straight-forward final assembly.
What can I display in a frame style glass display cabinet?
We have customers use our display cabinets for all sorts of things, including trophy cabinets and to protect valuable items. Frame style cabinets are lockable meaning items are secure whilst being stylishly displayed. Utilising low-voltage lighting can add an extra sleek finish.
Patch style glass display cabinets are an alternative option you may also wish to consider.
How to clean a frame style glass display cabinet?
Glass display cabinets are low maintenance and easy to clean using a commercial glass cleaning spray or a water and vinegar mix. Generally, this will be enough to remove any grime, and a clean cloth will help to avoid smudges.
Where to buy a frame style glass display cabinet?
Either order a standardised display cabinet from us at Shopkit or contact us about bespoke options.
Special requirements and custom sizes?
These glass display cabinets can be manufactured in different metal finishes and with different lighting configurations to meet individual requirements.
It is also possible to order just the display cabinet components allowing you to source your own glass locally.
We provide a delivery and installation service (all work guaranteed) – for details please call the Technical Support team on
+44 (0)1923 818282 or email email@example.com