Politique de Confidentialité
Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd is controlled by the Data Controller at:
Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd
100 Cecil Street
Hertfordshire WD24 5AD
T: +44 (0)1923 818282
F: +44 (0)1923 818280
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The information we collect from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: When you place an order or an enquiry, we will need to know your name / company name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. This enables us to process your orders.
• Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information (such as how you use and navigate our website) when your Web browser accesses Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd.
• E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd. E: email@example.com. If your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact our Data Controller at the address above.
• Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
• What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to you and they do not contain personally identifying information. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. The list below describes the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage.
If you are not happy, then you should either: browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.), delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should refrain from using this site.
• First Party Cookies: These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at
• When signing in to our online shop and using the Shopping Cart: We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you and what you’ve put in the shopping basket. A session cookie is a piece of text that is written to the browser’s memory when specific Web pages are opened (at the beginning of a session). This session cookie provides the authorisation details needed for you to use all the functions on the Web site. After signing out or closing your browser (to end a session), the session cookie is deleted.
These we deem strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken. More information on session cookies and what they are used for at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Does Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd Share the Information They Receive?
• Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd shares customer information only as described below and is either subject to this Privacy Notice or follows practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
• Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK’s Data Protection Act.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
•Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd, you consent to the collection and use of this information. Your visit and any dispute over privacy are subject to this Privacy Notice. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this page. If you have any concern about privacy at Shopkit Export Ltd / Shopkit Group Ltd, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.